Wednesday 2 January 2013

Green Yarn

Mixed green yarn
I love spinning. It makes me feel very grounded and settled (gardening does the same thing for me once I've got on my winter warmers). I'm not a great spinner but I do okay with my 70's ashford  wheel. The dodgy photo above shows my latest yarn made from a mixed bag of green felting wool, the colours graduate from dark to light. The photo really doesn't do it justice. I don't know what I'm going to make from this but it won't be clothing as the wool is too itchy so possible a bag. For now it will go into my yarn box as a finished project.

I usually find the repetitive motion of spinning very therapeutical but on this occasion not so much. I have spun with felting wool before and didn't enjoy it so decided to pass the whole lot on to a friend (I've tried felting and it doesn't grab me and, let's be honest, I don't need yet another craft with all it's accumulated junk). But something my partner said challenged me to give it another go and this is the result, I'm quite chuffed with it considering how awkward the short strands of wool were. Even better, I no longer have this bag of dyed felting wool taunting me. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment