Thursday 5 December 2013

Feeling bleurgh!

Ginger and lemon infusion
I've been hit by a cold again. I gave myself a gentle day expecting it to be gone swiftly. Then, instead of the good nights sleep that my body needed, I have had three nights of not enough rest. Thank you boys! It is now a lingering cold and a massive cold-sore has appeared for good measure. I am definitely run down.

I am also out of my favourite cordial. Not feeling up to making more I came up with a simple solution: whizz up the ginger with some squeezed lemon juice in my mini chopper (you could grate the ginger instead) and store in a jar in the fridge. It is working well! I steep one teaspoon of the mix in boiling water for a few minutes and add sugar to taste. A tea strainer is essential unless you enjoy munching on raw ginger.

Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment